Sydney Adult group singing classes
Put the date in your diary
My next group 8 week adult beginners singing course starts on Wednesday 1st May
Wednesdays 6:00-7:00 pm
Concerto Music School 1/534 A Marrickville Rd, Dulwich Hill NSW 2203
We will cover:
- How to sing in tune
- How to learn a song
- How to come in at the right place
- Basic vocal techniques for range and tone production
- What is harmony and how to harmonise.
- How to follow your part on sheet music (even when you don’t read music)
- We will have loads of fun singing as a group and individually (only if you want to).
You will then be welcome to join my ongoing singing group which runs after the beginners course. We develop the skills you’ve learnt, have lots more fun and work towards a concert in front of our family and friends in December.
Message me now to register interest
0402 835 035
“Kirsten was a fantastic teacher, made the course fun, informative, she is such a happy positive person who drew the best out in all us students, we all gained so much confidence in singing for the first time and it’s thanks to Kirsten” Linda P
“Kirsten, thank you so much for the classes. I have enjoyed them very much and after nearly 60 years of being told I can’t sing it’s a revelation to realise I can. Best Wishes” Roger
Dulwich Hill singers group
Wednesdays 7:15 – 8:45 pm
Already have a little experience?
Come and join my ongoing singing group classes which run after the beginners group on Wednesday nights.
Your first class is free, so come and give it a go!
We develop the skills you’ve learnt in the beginners course, learn some harmonies and improve individual vocal skills and have lots more fun. Each December, we put on a concert for our family and friends.
Each class includes:
A typical class includes:
- Warm ups
- Some discussion and experiment with a singing technique
- Singing some chords (with explanation)
- Sing through a number of songs that we’re working on this term – I will teach the harmony parts and we will all learn the solo parts and I’ll call for volunteers when we’re familiar with the song
- Vocal jam – I’ll start by going around the class and giving everyone a different simple line to sing until we have lots of layers, then you are welcome to improvise with yours. Try something out vocally, clap a rhythm, make a rhythmic sound – anything goes and we always have a bit of a laugh!!
Sound like fun?
Message or email me for details
0402 835 035
Some of the songs we’ve worked on in the past:
“Stay with me” Sam Smith, “Ruby Baby” the Drifters, “Royals” Lorde, “Fix you” Coldplay, “Starman” David Bowie, “Ain’t no Mountain high enough” Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, “Distant Sun” Crowded House, “Sweet Dreams” Eurythmics, “Somebody that I used to know” Gotye, “Our day will come” Amy Winehouse, “Message in a bottle” the Police, “Winter song” Sarah Barielles and Ingrid Micaelson, “Landslide” Dixie Chicks version
Intermediate singers recording session
End of term 2
End of year concert:
Please feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call me on: 0402 835 035
Courses are designed and run by Sydney singer and teacher Kirsten Allison. With almost 20 years of teaching experience, Kirsten knows how to create a fun and safe learning environment. Find out more about Kirsten here.
y adult group singing, Sydney adult group singing, Sydney adult group
Sydney adult group singing classes, Sydney adult group singing classes, Sydney adult group singing classes, Sydney adult group singing classes,
Sydney adult group singing workshops, Sydney adult group singing workshops, Sydney adult group singing workshops, Sydney adult group singing workshops